Subject: Modular Design: Map error
From: eduwenzel@yahoo.com.br (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Eduardo_Wenzel_Bri=E3o?=)
Date: 20 May 2003 13:00:28 -0700

I developed a medium project size that using Modular Design flow to
create a dynamic reconfigurable system. Specifically, I create a
memory controller that using a reconfigurable client circuit (fixed
and reconfig. modules). I fixed all the bus macros on the FPGA in UCF
file to communicate both modules. However, when the Active Modular
Phase of Modular Design is performed, the MAP tool issues the
following error:

ERROR:MapLib:492- Create a dummy tbuf in the context connected to
signal data_m_dup0 with a location constraint to a single site.

This signal is created after logic synthesis by Leonardo Spectrum
tool.
"data_m_dup0" is connected on the data_m signal.

data_m <= dataout when (pr_st_memctl=write_capture) else
(others=>'Z');

"write_capture" is a state. I inserted the code above because I
thougth it was necessary to help for understanding the problem.

I appreciate any kind of help.

Best regards

Eduardo Wenzel Brião
Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul state - PUCRS
Porto Alegre city
Brazil

Article: 55826