Subject: Re: OT:Shooting Ourselves in the Foot
From: Pooh Bear <rabbitsfriendsandrelations@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 00:28:56 +0000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

Ken Smith wrote:

> In article <43D2AA36.6FE6260@hotmail.com>,
> Pooh Bear  <rabbitsfriendsandrelations@hotmail.com> wrote:
> [... me ...]
> >> The above plus the fact that these days it can get all around the world
> >> before the first person dies of it.
> >
> >Same as last year, the year before and so on for many past decades
> >etc... etc.....
> >
> >Why 2005/6 ?
>
> We have detected a flu that is unusually nasty.  It isn't the same as last
> year.  People have worried for a long time about diseases get around the
> world easily.  Now there is one that looks like it could do it.

I was under the impression that H5N1 had been around for quite some time.

Graham

Article: 95276
From: "John Jardine." <john@jjdesigns.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:31:18 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

"Joerg" <notthisjoergsch@removethispacbell.net> wrote in message

> I guess my trusty Aristo-Scholar VS slide rule must have been miffed
> about that. But it keeps blessing me by never displaying 'low battery'.

Thanks!. An old friends name whom I'd long forgotten. Just had a pleasurable
hour rummaging through those slide rule websites.
Used that Aristo for years but had absolutely no remorse in ditching it the
moment I'd saved up enough for my first calculator.
john

Article: 95277