Subject: global clocks in ASYL
From: msnook@armltd.co.uk (Mark Snook)
Date: 22 May 1995 19:01:43 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I am synthesizing VHDL using the Compass Asic Synthesizer, and then
using the ASYL FPGA Optimiser to target my XC3000L series device. I
cannot get ASYL to generate CLB flip-flops that are clocked on the
falling edge of the global clock.

I have tried re-writting my VHDL many different ways, but cannot get
the correct xnf out of ASYL. The clock should be inverted in the CLB,
but everything I try results in a CLB inverter inserted into the clock
net, which precludes use of the direct clock input TCLKIN.

Has anyone a fix, suggestions etc., I have resorted to editing the xnf
file, which is not funny.

Article: 1251