Subject: Re: Fatal exception under Win95 & XACT v6.0.1
From: z80@dserve.com (Peter)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 21:59:05 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

>I have heard that the Win95 Xilinx software is currently being beta tested
>- but our maintenance just expired.  :-(

Funny that, mine has just expired too. What a coincidence. Wonder why?
Could it be the asking price for the next 12 months ?? :)

Peter.

E-mail replies to z80@digiserve.com.
Article: 5776
Subject: Re: Reverse Engineering FPGAs
From: "Steven K. Knapp" <optmagic@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 13 Mar 1997 22:46:10 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
You may also find the following press release from Xilinx interesting.  It
discusses their HardWire pricing for PCI.  See:

http://www.xilinx.com/prs_rls/pciplus.htm
--
Steven Knapp
E-mail:  optmagic@ix.netcom.com

Peter <z80@dserve.com> wrote in article
<332b6cb7.205106597@news.alt.net>...

| >Could it be that the consortium
| >members want no challenges from those who are not big enough to do
hardwired
| >gate arrays?
|
| Even if your hypothesis might be wrong, your observation is entirely
| correct. One just cannot make a cheap PCI card, without an ASIC.

Article: 5777