Subject: Current to sink PROG_B low?
From: "Yaju Nagaonkar" <yaj_n@hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Jan 2006 11:11:09 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I have desingned a board with an Atmega128 and Spartan3, such that the
Atmega128 configures the FPGA via the slave serial method.

In my current rev, the Atmega128 is powered by a 5V supply. The FPGA
power supply is correct. The HSWAP_EN is tied low to ground. An general
I/O on the microcontroller is tied to the FPGA pins.

Anyways, the problem I am having is that I am not able to pull PROG_B
low to reset the FPGA. The miroprocessor pin goes low but it is not
able to pull the PROG_B low at all?

The way I test this, is I have a JTAG port which I used to program the
FPGA. After configruation the DONE signal goes high. So my
understanding was that if I pull the PROG_B low from the
microprocessor, I should be able to manually reset the FPGA and the
DONE signal should go low.

I need to solve this problem before I move on to the actual programming
of the board using the CCLK and DIN signals, to which I will have
attach series resistors because of the Atmega128 (5V) and FPGA(3.3V).

Any suggestions or ideas appreciated.