Subject: Re: Workview Pro-series doesn't work with windows 95.
From: chan_isd@ix.netcom.com (Scott Evans)
Date: 11 Oct 1995 04:36:51 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
In Viewlogic's defense, I think if you simply asked them, they would have told
you it does not work with Win95.  At least that was the case with us.  There
are enough other reasons to complain about them, I don't think we need to bash
them about this issue.

In article <aa7cb$f3220.137@sj-rsrch.demon.co.uk>,
   steve@sj.co.uk (Steve Wiseman) wrote:
>In article <45brb1$plq@fnnews.fnal.gov>, husby@fnal.gov says...
>>
>>Apparently still not the types to jump on a bandwagon too soon, View Logic
>>will not be releasing a windows-95 compatible version of the pro-series till
>>at least December.
>>
>>Unfortunately, I learned about this the hard way.
>
>Yes, us too. Is there a Viewlogic Users Group out there, so we don't _all_
have
>to find things out the hard way? It's not as if the documentation's getting
>better, either....
>  (Proseries does work under '95 and NT, except for PROSIM, the only tool to
use
>Win32S. Aargh! So close, yet so, so far.... You'll need much patience, some
mad
>dongle-redirecting code, and some more patience. _How_ can it take ProCapture
3
>seconds to ask the dongle each time I load a new component? (On a twin P90,
>running NT 3.51 with 32M Ram)
>  Roll on Workview Office, or is it just going to have all the 'features'
that
>make each day such a joy (ahem...)?
>
>  Steve, speaking for Steve, not SJ Research.

Article: 2076