Subject: Re: 64 BIT PCI bridge in FPGA?
From: app01@aol.com (APP01)
Date: 5 Nov 1997 04:07:08 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Dave,

You will find it VERY difficult to implement a 64 bit PCI interface in an FPGA.
 All of the current FPGA vendors that offer soft cores had to work very hard to
 implement a 32 bit  version. I a not saying  that it can't be done, but the
 experienec that I have had with target and Initiator/target have not been
 easy.

One potential solution will be a 64 bit 66Mhz core that Lucent will be offering
 in for its Orca 3C line 1Q98. It will have an embedded PCI core that you could
 run at 33Mhz and have teh 64 bit wide features.

Hope that this helps..

Tony
Article: 7976