Subject: Re: Placement constraints on LOGIBLOX instances
From: "Jamie Sanderson" <jamie@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:21:12 -0400
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Not sure if this suggestion will be useful, but here goes:

In the latest version of Logiblox I have (Version M1.5.25), there is an
attribute called "Use RPMs" in the module selector program. When I set that
to true for RAM blocks, they will then occupy adjacent CLB's in the device.
Looks very nice, and I think runs faster too...

Perhaps someone else will be able to tell you how could proceed without
using this version of Logiblox.

Good luck,
Jamie

Jo Depreitere wrote in message <3713624F.5894CC69@elis.rug.ac.be>...
>Hi,
>
>  is it possible to have more control over the placement of the
>LOGIBLOX instances using placement constraints  (LOC/RLOC) in the
>.UCF file? I've made a 256x8 RAM with LOGIBLOX and after P&R, the
>thing is all over the place.
>
>  I know that it is possible to put constraints on the MEMx_y
>portion of the RAM, but the rest of the logic consists of gates
>and you can't put constraints on gates.
>
>  After studying the structure of the RAM in the .xnf file, I tried
>to fiddle with the .xnf file and put some FMAP's in there. Unfortunately,
>this .xnf file is not used in the mapping phase since the tool does a
>"LogiBlox expansion" on the instance, completely skipping the .xnf
>file and, hence, my RLOC'ed FMAPs.
>
>  Any suggestions?

Article: 15776