Subject: Re: Info/opinions wanted for PCI interface in an FPGA
From: dan.bartram@gtri.gatech.edu (Dan Bartram)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 96 14:02:31 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
In article <01bbbbe4$05b8df00$42c220cc@drt1>, "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>I have used the Xilinx 4xxxE series very successfully in both target only
>and target/master implementations.   Xilinx has quite a lot of app notes on
>PCI.  I developed my own PCI design, and did not use theirs, although
>theirs is not bad.

My impression of the Xilinx core is that it is not very flexible.  I am
working on a PCI design that needs 5 functions in one device.  The Xilinx
core only supports a single function (1 set of configuration regs) and
only two base address registers.

Dan Bartram, Jr.
Internet:  dan.bartram@.gtri.gatech.edu