Subject: Re: Loadable arithmetic in Virtex
From: husby@fnal.gov (Don Husby)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:32:21 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Lucent's Orca chips excel at loadable arithmatic. They have a
separate muxed input to the registers that can select either
the LUT or a dedicated input.

Also note that you could use the multiplier submode to implement
the function you specified:

   sum <= a + load*b

So with the Lucent PFU you could do dual-loadable arithmetic:

   Sum <= c when load1 else  (a + load2 * b);

--
Don Husby <husby@fnal.gov>             http://www-ese.fnal.gov/people/husby
Fermi National Accelerator Lab                          Phone: 630-840-3668