Subject: 8087 in FPGA?
From: shahzad2512@my-deja.com
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 04:31:54 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
8087 is a math coprocessor and does calculations in FP numbers. Is it
wise to implement 8087 in an FPGA. I want to do this for a University
project. Please comment and advice.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
SHAHZAD

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
Article: 22776
Subject: Re: FPGA implementation of LCD controller
From: "Joel Kolstad" <Joel.Kolstad@USA.Net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 21:54:00 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
"Jann" <jannkaminski@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The company I work for develops polymer light emitting matrix displays
(not
> 7-segment or alphanumeric).

That's kind of cool.  What kind of luminous efficiency do they get relative
to LEDs, fluorescent lamps coupled with LCDs, etc.?

> I would like to develop a custom controller that utilizes the features of
> our displays for monochrome and gray-scale applications. Are there any
> public libraries, app notes, public implementation of FPGA devices used as
> Display Timing Controllers. The searches I have done only bring up
> 'captured' applications in embedded products.

I would search this newsgroups for people asking for "VGA controllers."
That request comes up semi-regularly.  Off the top of my head, I'd surf on
over to www.xess.com.  They sell FPGA prototyping boards that include VGA
connectors and have an application note on their implementation of the video
generation circuitry.

---Joel Kolstad

Article: 22777