Subject: Re: Virtexe Config problem
From: "Steve Casselman" <sc@vcc.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:07:48 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Sounds like you need to clock the CClk a few more times.

If you want to use the select map after you load it set Persist to yes.

Steve

"Wamsi Mohan" <wamsi_mohan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
>  The problem I am facing is that when I try to configure the XCV600E
> using selectMAP, the Done does not go high. However, INIT does not go
> low either to indicate any config error.
> I follow the usual steps of driving prog low and then high, waiting for
> Init to go high and then clock the data[7:0]. Bitgen is compiled with
> cclk option (as opposed to jtag clk or userclk). The mode pins are set
> to 110 (select MAP). I have tried to abort the config cycle and read
> back the status word. I read back 0xDF which Xilinx claims is correct.
>
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks
> -Wamsi

Article: 32801
Subject: Spartan-II implementation woes
From: jwang@mail.utexas.edu (James Wang)
Date: 9 Jul 2001 13:24:06 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi everyone,

   I'm trying to generate 200 MHz signal from 50 Mhz source using
CLKDLL. The simulation seems to work just fine. However when I try to
implement, I get the error:

       ERROR:NgdBuild:466 - input pad net 'CLK_50Mhz' has illegal
connection
       ERROR:NgdBuild:466 - output pad net 'LOCK' has illegal
connection

This was preceded by an earlier synthesis warning:

Warning: Existing pad cell '/vers1-Optimized/CLKDLL/clkpad' is
connected to the port 'CLK_50MHz' - no pad cells inserted at this
port. (FPGA-PADMAP-1)

Currently I don't have any UCF file (don't know how to create one). Is
this the source of my errors?

Thanks in advance.

James Wang

Article: 32802