Subject: toolbox.xilinx.com
From: Utku Ozcan <ozcan@netas.com.tr>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 10:09:22 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

Doesn't seem to be working... Same there?

Utku

Article: 39351
Subject: Re: CLKDLL x4 problem
From: Magnus Homann <d0asta@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
Date: 07 Feb 2002 09:39:25 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
dottavio@ised.it (Antonio) writes:

> By the way, to what is due this limitation of CLKDLL ??

The length of the delay line in the silicon, I guess.

Homann
--
Magnus Homann, M.Sc. CS & E
d0asta@dtek.chalmers.se

Article: 39352
Subject: Re: Making Altera development quicker
From: "Paul" <nospam@nospamplease.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:53:59 -0000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
"Jay" <kayrock66@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > 2) I did some tests on a 32 bit counter fed by cout of a 24bit (mod
> > 10,000,000 counter), The Fmax was 84MHz but a timing simulation showed
it
> > didn't work correctly when rolling over from FFFFFFFF to 00000000 with a
> > system clock of 80MHz. I looked at the static timing analysis but
couldn't
> > see why.
> > Note my vwf file only consisted of the clock signal, so not alot could
be
> > wrong with my stimuli waveform.
>
> This may be a silly question but did you by any chance feed the carry
> out of the first counter directly into the clock pin of the second
> counter?  If you did, then this would not be standard synchronous
> design as such, and the static timing check would not be meaningful.

Nope :)

Into the synchronous count enable pin of the 32 bit counter.

Article: 39353