Subject: Re: ngdbuild - command line in xilinx' ISE tools
From: furia1024@wp.pl (Jerzy)
Date: 24 Oct 2002 00:40:58 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi again

> Everything seems ok to me. Anyway this is an example I know that works.
> "ngdbuild -p xcv100e-7-fg256 -uc ../lca_build/top.ucf -dd ..
> ../lca_build/top.edf top.ngd"
> Not much differences to be honest, I don't use the NGC command and the -nt
> timestamp is a default option so you don't need to specify it.

I have tried many combinations :(

> What tool version are you using?

I work on ISE 4.1.03i under Windows 2000 - maybe that's the point?

Thanks for Reply.

Jerzy

Article: 48776
Subject: Re: High Performance FPGA's - Xilinx and ??????
From: Patrick Loschmidt <Patrick.Loschmidt@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:36:22 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Ken McElvain schrieb:
> You can use a physical synthesis tool like Amplify and generally
> get enough improvement to save a speed grade.  This is true for
> RTL code.  If you are instantiating and placing everything then
> you may be done.

Well I constrained (placement) all important elements and timing
analysis showed that the path from the last FF to the IOB was the
critical one. I could not find a shorter one by hand, so I think I'm done.

Regards,
Patrick

Article: 48777