Subject: Re: ISE webpack doesnt support Spartan xcs10, solution??
From: "Guenter" <dannoritzer@web.de>
Date: 30 Jul 2005 07:59:20 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Dave,

googlinggoogler@hotmail.com schrieb:

> Hiya,
>
> Foolishly I developed a board for a spartan 3 xcs10, without finding
> suitable development enviroment, assuming that the free ISE Webpack
> would be suitable - just found out now i've gone to fire my board up
> and program it that I can't...

The smallest Spartan 3 available that I know of is a xc3s50 and that
one is supported with Webpack. From your part description it sounds
like you are using a Spartan.

> Can anyone suggest a free solution to this?

Xilinx has a tool called ISE Classic, you find it here:

http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?key=dr_dt_iseclassics_index&sGlobalNavPick=PRODUCTS&sSecondaryNavPick=Design+Tools

That one still supports the Spartan, however, at that time the
Synthesis tool came from a different Company and is not part of that
package. So unlike with the current Webpack that you download and do
the whole implementation process, with the ISE Classic you need an
extra Sythesis tool that supports the Spartan.

Regards,

Guenter

Article: 87751