Subject: Re: LVDS Input buffer in VHDL (ISE)
From: "Brad Smallridge" <bradsmallridge@dslextreme.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:11:29 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Is this Virtex-4?

Article: 95526
Subject: Re: EDK 8.1, Finally!
From: John Williams <jwilliams@itee.uq.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:12:36 +1000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi Abgoyal,

abgoyal@gmail.com wrote:
> Just thought I'd let everyone whos been waiting for it know right away:
> EDK 8.1 was released on Xilinx Subscribernet last night!!
>
> I know i have been counting days!
>
> Downloading it right now. Hope the mb-uclinux BSPs work out fine on
> this release.

The most recent version of the uclinux auto-config BSP, 1.00.d, should
work just fine with 8.1.

Available from here:

http://www.petalogix.com/resources/downloads/

From: Duane Clark <dclark@junkmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:13:09 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Roger wrote:
> I'm trying to instantiate some LVDS input buffers in VHDL using the
> following code:
>
>   LVDS_lines:
>     for i in 0 to 19 generate
>       Inputs_LVDS : IBUFDS_LVDS_25_DT     -- LVDS input buffer with Rterm
> active
>         port map (
>           I => data_lvds_in_p(i),
>           IB => data_lvds_in_n(i),
>     O => data_lvds_in_sig(i));
>   end generate;
>

> but ISE doesn't seem to recognise IBUFDS_LVDS_25_DT as it just gives me an
> Undefined Symbol error. Missing off the DT is OK but I need the termination
> resistor to be active so it has to be this buffer.

You didn't mention what part you are using. But generally, Xilinx refers
to it's termination scheme as "Digitally Controlled Impedance" IIRC, and
the IO name is IBUFDS_LVDS_25_DCI.

Article: 95528