Subject: Re: ML361 Documentation....
From: henrique.portela@gmail.com
Date: 8 Sep 2005 06:18:59 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi Ben,

Tanks for the link, but i still need the GERBER files.

Henrique

Article: 89226
Subject: [XST] FSM extraction question
From: "Tim Verstraete" <tim.verstraete@barco.com>
Date: 8 Sep 2005 07:39:24 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hey,

I made a FSM with about 23 states (not the first time i've done vhdl
work, but never had this problem before with FSM => in fact it is not
really a problem) and i used following scheme:

sequencing:process(state,...)
begin
 case state is
  when ... =>
 end case;
end process;

update:process(reset, clk)
begin
 if (reset='1') then
  state<=...;
 elsif (clk'event and clk='1') then
  state<=next_state;

logic:process(clk)
begin
 if (clk'event and clk='1') then

so i don't think it is the way the fsm is build up ... so when i
compile it it does say :

Using one-hot encoding for signal <state>.

but i don't get a f.e.

    Found finite state machine <FSM_0> for signal <state>.

    | States             | 3
  |
    | Transitions        | 7
  |
    | Inputs             | 4
  |
    | Outputs            | 3
  |
    | Clock              | clk (rising_edge)
  |
    | Reset              | reset (positive)
  |
    | Reset type         | asynchronous
  |
    | Reset State        | idle
  |
    | Power Up State     | idle
  |
    | Encoding           | automatic
  |
    | Implementation     | LUT

and i was just wondering why XST does not find my FSM????

thank you in advance,

kind regards,

Tim

Article: 89227