Subject: Re: Cordic NCO questions
From: dottavio@ised.it (Antonio)
Date: 7 Aug 2001 05:52:49 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
> Not sure I understand your question here.  When using the CORDIC as a
> sine/cosine generator, you set the scale by the constant you put on the I
> input.  The CORDIC simply rotates the input vector by the specified
> angle.  It has a gain of 1.64675.  You can get the unscaled sine/cosine by
> using 1/1.64675 as the input value, or you can change that to get a
> different scaling.

Hy Ray,
you know with the CORDIC it is possible to start with sinx = 0  and
cosx = 1 and at the end simply divide for 1.64675 this in the case
that I've at least 13 cordic iterations, this is the solution I don't
want to use 'cause I use a bit for +1 and -1 that maybe are used
really rarely or nothing. I prefer to start with sinx = 0 and cosx =
1.6475 but in this case the problem is that this is not power of 2 and
so I've really much rounding error that propagate.

> Instead of trying to visualize it in radians, consider it in fractional
> revolutions.  The accumulator value is then the fractional part of a
> revolution.  If you have bits in the accumulator above those whch you take
> out as your phase angle, these would represent integer revolutions.

what do you mean with fractional revolution, may you better explain
it, if possible with a practical example.

Thanks ...

Antonio

Article: 33876