Subject: Re: how to use libm.a and libc.a
From: Paul Hartke <phartke@Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 08:18:47 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
You don't say what target technology you are using--if Xilinx then
Chapter 3: LibXil Standard C Libraries of the EDK OS and Libraries
Reference Manual
(http://www.xilinx.com/ise/embedded/oslibs_rm.pdf) will help you.

Paul

Lina wrote:

> I want to add libc.a and libm.a into my project and use the the standand C functions such as doing float computing, malloc spaces, to deal with string, and so on.
>
> But there are some problems:
>
> 1. how to add the libs into my projects. 2. how to use the libm.a and libc.a. what fuctions do the two libs provide? what's the grammar to use the libs?
>
> Please help me. Thank you very much!

Article: 84026
Subject: Re: signals in modelsim
From: Brijesh <brijesh_xyz@cfrsi_xyz.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 11:29:19 -0400
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Benjamin Menküc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> simulating behavior doesnt work. Modelsim gives me this:
>
> # ** Error: (vsim-3170) Could not find 'work.uut'.
> # Error loading design
> # Error: Error loading design
>
> with exactly the same configuration, simulating Post-Translate, Post-Map
> and Post-Place all work. My testbench is instantiated as uut.

You are going way off track in your approach.

Modelsim has really bad error messages. The error message you got is a catch all
error message :-). In all probability there is small mistake in syntax or settings.

1) One does not instantiate a test bench. Test bench is a place holder for your
enitity under test and logic required to test the entity.
"My testbench is instantiated as uut." did you mean that you have named your
testbench as "uut"?

2) Did your test bench compile without any errors?

> regards,
> Benjamin

Article: 84027