Subject: Re: VGA display
From: iolo@yucom.be (Jan Kindt)
Date: 9 Sep 2003 01:53:42 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
You also might be interested in following link :
http://home.freeuk.com/fpgaarcade/pac_main.htm

It has a very simple vga-interface implemented in VHDL. Might be
enough to kickstart your design.

Article: 60251
Subject: Re: Clock Synchronization of PC and FPGA
From: TechnologyConsultant@gmx.ch (Technology Consultant)
Date: 9 Sep 2003 03:43:42 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
How are you connecting your FPGA to your PC ?

Do you use any Development Kit ?   Which?

Is your FPGA in a PCI board, directly accesing the PCI bus from your PC?

Are you using the serial interface to communicate with your FPGA?

As you can see, there are a lot of open questions to start solving
your issues. However, I am nearly sure that you have no easy way of
synchronizing the two clocks (unless you clock your FPGA with the same clock
that clocks your CPU...), so will have to go to handshake mechanisms
to transfer data from one to the other.

Give more info out, we'll put some answers out

TechCon.

Article: 60252