Subject: Re: File I/O with Synplify
From: Mike Treseler <mike_treseler@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 04:41:00 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Andrew Whyte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to read in data from a .mif file to initialise some memory
> elements in Synplify 7.6.1, but it fails when it encounters the line
>
>     FILE initfile       : TEXT;

A .mif file is specific to X devices.

Synplify can synthesize variable or constant
arrays into ram or rom using only vhdl source code
for any fpga.

Vendor-specific download widgets are handled with
vendor attributes in the code like this:

http://toolbox.xilinx.com/docsan/xilinx4/data/docs/sim/vtex11.html

But consider maintaining vendor-independent code.
That's a common reason for using Synplify over XST
in the first place.