Subject: Re: Xil_FatFS library example.
From: Sewook Wee <weese@stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:07:10 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hello all,

I finally fixed the problem and the FAT File system on Compact Flash
works fine in my configuration.

Here's some treatments that I did.

1. Make the CF have only one partition which occupies the whole space.
2. Format it using "mkdosfs" (you can get http://www.mager.org/mkdosfs/)
    Also, refer to Answer Database 14456.
3. When you open the file, use the full path.
    (i.e. sysace_fopen("a:\\filename.txt", "r"); )

I hope this will help the people who will have the same struggling with
me in the future.

Also, you can get the working example in XUP Demonstration and Reference
Designs page. (http://www.xilinx.com/univ/xupv2p_demo_ref_designs.html)
Check out Slide Show example.

Sewook.

p.s. Paul Calvert, thank you very much.

Sewook Wee wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to test file system on Compact Flash.
>
> Now, my configuration is following.
>
> 1. ML310 Board
> 2. Core : PowerPC (uni-processor system)
> 3. Boot : Using BRAM inside
> 4. OS : Standalone
> 5. Library added : XilFatFs
>
> The hw platform has been compiled and looks working.
> Also I have no problem to compile the code.
> Simply, the problem is that I can not open the file with "sysace_fopen"
>
> Is there anyone who has an example design that I can start with?
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Sewook Wee

Article: 86276