Subject: Re: Low Cost Tools
From: kugel@mp-sun6.informatik.uni-mannheim.de (Andreas Kugel)
Date: 22 Nov 1995 07:10:17 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
In article mq3@henge2.henge.com, David Mot <logdev@henge.com> () writes:
>Low Cost Tool:
>PLD Designe Language    CUPL PALexpert   $495.00
Simulation included ?
What sort of chips ?
Fax ?

---

Andreas Kugel
Chair of Computer Science V       Phone:(49)621-292-5755
University of Mannheim            Fax:(49)621-292-5756
A5
D-68131 Mannheim
Germany
e-mail:kugel@mp-sun1.informatik.uni-mannheim.de

Subject: ISSPA 96 Final Call for Papers
From: Jonathon Ralston <j.ralston@qut.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 07:41:34 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

   #####    ###     ###    ####     ###         ###     ###
     #     #   #   #   #   #   #   #   #       #   #   #
     #     #       #       #   #   #   #       #   #   #
     #      ###     ###    ####    #####        ####   ####
     #         #       #   #       #   #           #   #   #
     #     #   #   #   #   #       #   #           #   #   #
   #####    ###     ###    #       #   #        ###     ###

 ---------------------FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS-----------------------

		 FOURTH International Symposium on
	       Signal Processing and its Applications
	     Royal Pines Resort, Gold Coast, Australia
		       26th-28th August 1996

ISSPA 96 is the fourth in a series of international symposia focussing
on the theory and applications of signal processing.  It provides a
forum for engineers and scientists engaged in research and development
to discuss common and disparate objectives and applications of Signal
Processing.  The symposium will run for three days from the 26th to
the 28th of August 1996.  The conference will be followed by two
parallel two-day workshops on Robot Vision and Time-Frequency Signal
Analysis, following the format of previous ISSPA conferences. In
addition, tutorial sessions will be held on the 25th of August 1996.

Papers are invited in, but not limited to, the following topics:

    1.  Digital Filter Design & Structures
    2.  Multirate Filtering & Wavelets
    3.  Adaptive Signal Processing
    4.  Higher Order Spectrum Analysis
    5.  Radar & Sonar Signal Processing
    6.  Speech Processing & Recognition
    7.  Image and Multidimensional Signal Processing
    8.  Biomedical Signal Processing
    9.  Statistical Signal and Array Processing
   10.  VLSI for Signal Processing
   11.  Communications Signal Processing
   12.  Time-Frequency & Time-Scale Analysis
   13.  Neural Networks for Signal Processing
   14.  Industrial Signal Processing
   15.  Signal Processing Education
   16.  Other (Optical Signal Processing,
        Aerospace Applications, Multimedia, etc)

Submissions should consist of three copies of a 400 to 500 word
summary including a short description of the problem and its
significance with references to previous work, plus the title,
authors' names, affiliations, addresses, topic category, telephone
and facsimile numbers, and e-mail addresses if available.
Submission implies a commitment to present the paper if accepted.
Prospective authors are encouraged to use the LaTeX style file
available for anonymous ftp on the host "www.bee.qut.edu.au" in the
file "/pub/sprc/isspa.sty".  A full proceedings will be published,
which will be ready for distribution during the conference. Final
papers will be limited to six pages.

Send three (3) copies of the paper summary to:

                              ISSPA 96
                 Signal Processing Research Centre,
                Queensland University of Technology,
                          2 George Street,
          G.P.O. Box 2434, Brisbane, Qld, 4001, Australia.

          Telephone: +61-7-3864-5351, Fax: +61-7-3864-1516

For more information, email "isspa96@qut.edu.au", or see the WWW
page at "http://www.eese.qut.edu.au/~sprc/isspa96.html".

                        Conference Schedule
                       	-------------------

   Paper proposal due:                  15th January 1996
   Notification of acceptance:          4th March 1996
   Submission of photo-ready paper:     5th May 1996
   Advanced registration before:        24th June 1996
   Tutorials				25th August 1996
   Conference Registration		26th-28th August 1996
   Workshops				29th-30th August 1996

                         Steering Committee
                         ------------------

B Boashash (Chair)                  Y Attikiouzel
Queensland Univ. of Technology      University of Western Australia
b.boashash@qut.edu.au               yianni@ee.uwa.edu.au

R R Bitmead                         R E Bogner
Australian National University}     University of Adelaide
robert.bitmead@anu.edu.au           bogner@eleceng.adelaide.edu.au

R J Evans                           G Poulton
University of Melbourne             CSIRO, Division of Radiophysics
r.evans@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au         gpoulton@rp.csiro.au

                          Technical Chair
                          ---------------

A M Zoubir
Queensland Univ. of Technology
a.zoubir@qut.edu.au

                         Organisation Chair
                         ------------------

N Harle
Queensland Univ. of Technology
n.harle@qut.edu.au

                          European Liaison
                          ----------------

M Benidir
Laboratoire des Signaux et Systemes
Supelec, Plateau de Moulon
Gif-sur-Yvette, France 91190
benidir@lss.supelec.fr

                            U.S. Liaison
                            ------------

A El-Jaroudi
Real-Time Signal Processing Lab
Department of Electrical Engineering
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
amro@ee.pitt.edu

                           Asian Liaison
                           -------------

F Fukuda
Department of Micro Systems Engineering
Department of Mechano-Informatics and Systems
Nagoya University
Furo-cho Chikusa-ku
Nagoya 464-01 Japan
fukuda@mein.nagoya-u.ac.jp

                       Organisation Committee
                       ----------------------

Finance:                           Registration:

V Chandran                         B Senadji
Queensland Univ. of Technology     Queensland Univ. of Technology
v.chandran@qut.edu.au              b.senadji@qut.edu.au

Exhibition:                        Publicity:

N Bergmann                         M Deriche
Queensland Univ. of Technology     Queensland Univ. of Technology
n.bergmann@qut.edu.au              m.deriche@qut.edu.au

Social Program:                    Local Arrangements:

W Boles                            G Roberts
Queensland Univ. of Technology     Queensland Univ. of Technology
w.boles@qut.edu.au                 ga.roberts@qut.edu.au

Publications:                      Tutorials:

M Bennamoun                        S Sridharan
Queensland Univ. of Technology     Queensland Univ. of Technology
m.bennamoun@qut.edu.au             s.sridharan@qut.edu.au

Workshop:

M Bennamoun and N Harle
Queensland Univ. of Technology
m.bennamoun@qut.edu.au
n.harle@qut.edu.au

                        Technical Committee
                        -------------------

T Aboulnasr, University of Ottawa, Canada
M G Amin, Villanova University, USA
K Assaleh, Motorola, GSTG, USA
Y Attikiouzel, University of Western Australia, Australia
M M Bayoumi, Queens University, Canada
M Benidir, Laboratoire des Signaux et Systemes, France
R R Bitmead, Australian National University, Australia
B Boashash, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
J F Bohme, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
R E Bogner, University of Adelaide, Australia
A Bouzerdoum, University of Adelaide, Australia
T Caelli, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
V Chandran, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
A G Constantinides, Imperial College of Science & Technology, UK
M Deriche, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
R Deriche, INRIA, France
T S Durrani, University of Strathclyde, UK
A El-Jaroudi, University of Pittsburgh, USA
R J Evans, University of Melbourne, Australia
F Faruqi, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
T Fukuda, Nagoya University, Japan
S Furui, NTT Human Interface Labs, Japan
F Ghorbel, Ecole Nouvelle d'Ingenieurs en Comunication, France
G B Giannakis, University of Virginia, USA
D A Gray, CRC for Sensor Signal & Info Processing, Australia
Y Hua, University of Melbourne, Australia
A K Jain, Michigan State University, USA
R A Jarvis, Monash University, Australia
G Jones, Raytheon Canada Limited, Canada
B H Juang, A T & T Bell Labs, USA
M Kaveh, University of Minnesota, USA
M A Lagunas, National Research Plan of Spain, Spain
A Leyman, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
S K Mitra, University of California - Santa Barbara, USA
K Paliwal, Griffith University, Australia
G Poulton, CSIRO Division of Radiophysics, Australia
E Powers, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
B G Quinn, University of London, UK
S Sridharan, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
A Swami, Army Research Lab, USA
A H Tewfik, University of Minnesota, USA
D J Thomson, AT & T Bell Laboratories, USA
H T Tsui, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J K Tugnait, Auburn University, USA

Article: 2352