Subject: HELP!!NEED A CACHE SIMULATOR A.S.A.P
From: "majordomo@att.net" <majordomo@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 3 Aug 1997 18:31:43 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
does anyone here know where I can get a cache simulator which works for
direct-mapped cache's written in x86 ?
I need to see how it works right away.
Please e-mail any info you have. Thanks in advance

Article: 7126
Subject: Re: Incremental changes of FPGA's possibel ?
From: s_clubb@netcomuk.co.uk (Stuart Clubb)
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 20:59:09 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
On Sat, 2 Aug 1997 23:46:44 GMT, fliptron@netcom.com (Philip Freidin)
wrote:

>To a lesser extent, all of the Xilinx 4000 series (and derivatives,
>including the Lucent devices that have RAM capability in the function
>generators), have some reconfigurability possible by writing to the
>function generators as ram, then using them as logic. But the first
>mentioned devices are designed for partial config while running, whearas
>the use of the function generator RAM is a bit of a stretch.

ORCA is partially reconfigurable and was designed so to be. It has
been that way, practically since day one. It's just that the idea of
pertial reconfiguration sounds great, until you start doing it for
real. Then you come up against all kinds of "issues" that need careful
design optimisation to acheive a working solution.

Most reconfigurable systems still seem to use one-shot total
reprogramming.

Stuart

Article: 7127