Subject: carry logic for implementing wide logic functions
From: Johan Ditmar <qtxjdit@al.etx.ericsson.se>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 09:19:32 +0200

In the Xilinx databook 1999 it is stated that carry logic in the Virtex
can be used to cascade function generators for implementing wide logic
functions (3-8). When looking at the detailed view of the Virtex Slice
(3-9), it does not become clear to me how this works. Does anyone know
how a wide logic function can be implemented on a low level (JBits)
using the dedicated carry path in Virtex ?

Thanks,

Johan Ditmar
Ericsson Telecom
Sweden