Subject: Re: New Xilinx Student Edition
From: Dave Vanden Bout <devb@xess.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:55:49 -0400
--------------F121DD58A9540E134A83E3F5

> Yep, just about when the full-up foundation hits v3.1.  Coincidence?  I don't think
> so.

Actually, Xilinx has to transfer the Student Edition CDROM contents to Prentice Hall months before the books are released so there is time to replicate and package them (remember that these are book publishers who think in timescales of years).  Xilinx has to base the Student Edition version on the current production release at the time.  I think that's why the release is 2.1 and not 3.1.

--
|| Dr. Dave Van den Bout   XESS Corp.               (919) 387-0076 ||
|| devb@xess.com           2608 Sweetgum Dr.        (800) 549-9377 ||

--------------F121DD58A9540E134A83E3F5

begin:vcard
n:Vanden Bout;Dave
tel;fax:(919) 387-1302
tel;work:(919) 387-0076
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.xess.com
org:XESS Corp.
adr:;;2608 Sweetgum Drive;Apex;NC;27502;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:devb@xess.com
title:FPGA Product Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;-16464