Subject: FPGA board random error
From: prashantj@usa.net (Prashant)
Date: 15 Nov 2002 13:14:34 -0800

I'm using an FPGA board with an APEX20K1500E on it. My design produces
60,000 output values whch are stored in an external to FPGA on-board
RAM. Then these values are read out onto the PC using the serial port.
The production of the 64000 values is a repetitive process.

When the data has been read onto the PC, I find one of the 60,000
values to be incorrect. But the index of the incorrect value changes
everytime I rerun the code on the board. for e.g. in one run the
32,010th value could be wrong and the next run could have the 1,784th
value could be wrong.

The code is the same and so are the input values. The output should
remain the same, but instead has an erroneous value for one of the
60,000 values. I dont think the code is wrong since the error is not
consistent and sometimes not there. (But I'm still working on it as if
something's wrong with the code).

Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong ? I understand I may not
be giving enough information, but I thought I would give it a try, in
case anyone had a similar (wierd) problem earlier.

Thanks,
Prashant