Subject: Re: 6809 discontinued
From: Henry Spencer <henry@zoo.toronto.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 03:38:19 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I wrote:
>Nope, sorry, that might be justice, but it's not the law. :-)  Only
>trademarks can actually lapse if not actively used.  Patents, copyrights,
>and trade secrets remain in force...

I'm told there's a partial exception to this:  apparently it's now
possible, with certain exceptions, to fight off a patent-infringement suit
on the grounds that the patent owner either isn't moving to market the
invention or is moving too slowly.

On the other hand, lawsuits can be expensive even if you win...
--
The operating systems of the 1950s will be out  |     Henry Spencer
next year from Microsoft.  -- Mark Weiser       | henry@zoo.toronto.edu