Subject: Re: X on bus
From: ppeng1@yahoo.com (Peng)
Date: 23 Aug 2002 13:25:47 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Generally said DSP will sample the data bus at a certain edge when
reading, like at the rising edge of RD, so as long as your new data
come to steable at that edge, you don't need to worry about those X
data or those old data. But you do need take care the OE delay, if the
DSP doesn't have enough hold time(recovering time) after the read,
your OE delay may cause bus conflict.

Peng

anjanr@yahoo.com (Anjan) wrote in message news:<5a5faf7b.0208222017.a70a1e8@posting.google.com>...
> Thanks. But I guess the problem is due to the fact that  delay between
> source and destination pad is different. To explain say the delay
> between address to data is different between oe and data. And if oe
> delay is smaller than address delay then it may present old data first
> followed by new data. But how do I avoid this. I cannot get the same
> delay for everything. Also I cann't use in a clock process owing to
> the fact that   the DSP timing doesn't allow this. Can you please
> suggest
>
> Anjan

Article: 46276