Subject: Re: BP programmer questions, prices, alternatives
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@da98rkroom.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:48:23 -0500
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Dave,

I can't answer your specific questions, but I have a BP-1200, and I
absolutely love it.  The software is great (they finally got a Windows
application...) and software upgrades are free, or at least have been for
the 8 years I've had mine!  Their device support is unparalled, and their
support in general has been stupendous as well.

I got mine with the universal 84 pin PLCC adapter (optional) and DIP48
adapter, and also have some adapters from ET to use with the 48 pin DIP
adapter to program SOL packages.

You can download the application software and run it in demo mode, and see
what it does.

"Dave" <dfnr2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:m34r8yao2s.fsf@yahoo.com...
> Hello,
>
> I'm thinking of letting my Data I/O coast on without further software
> updates, and put the money into a new BP programmer.  I'm frustrated
> by the lack of pricing information on the BP website, or any
> distributors' sites.  Would anyone who recently bought a BP-1200 care
> to post some prices for the 1200, any of the extra modules, any
> upgrades, and the software upgrade to generate serial numbers.
>
> Also, is it possible to write your own little program to generate
> serial numbers, and have the free BP software call it, or do you still
> have to pay for an "advanced features" package?
>
> It would be great if some kind soul posted some info here;
> alternatively, I'd be grateful for a scanned pricelist by email.  I've
> contacted the local rep, but since there's no reply, I assume he's on
> vacation.
>
> Thanks for any info,
>
> David.
> --