Subject: Re: reconfiguration times
From: "Tony M" <tonym_98@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 13:17:13 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Woah, please excuse the poor spelling.  It was quite late when I wrote that,
but the information still holds :)

Tony

"Tony M" <tonym_98@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I depends on which version of the chip you have and number of gates and
the
> speed of your programming system and the programming method (serial?
select
> i/o parallel? jtag?).
>
> Read the tech notes on programming the chips.
>
> A quick example might be the Virtex 300k gate chip, with a config clock of
> 50 MHz, using SelectMAP programming mode.
>
> It can be programmed at up to 50mhz without having to worry about a 'wait
> i'm processing' signal from the virtex chip.  As noted in the tech docs,
the
> bit stream size is IIRC 297860 bytes.
> Using SelectMAP 8-bit interface you can send over 1 byte per cclk
> (configuration clock) for a rate of 50 megabytes per second.   doing the
> math 297860 bytes / (50 MBps) = 5.9572 ms.  add a few uS before and after
> erase and start programming as well as init the device after programming,
> again these #'s are in the tech doc.
>
> Tony
>

> "Sumanth Donthi" <thetallman63@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > hi!
> >
> >   How can you determine the reconfiguration time of the Xilinx
> > virtex/virtex E FPGA and atmel AT40K FPGA?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sumanth Donthi

Article: 51176
Subject: Re: BP programmer questions, prices, alternatives
From: dfnr2@yahoo.com (David)
Date: 5 Jan 2003 09:02:57 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I may as well follow up to share the price info I obtained by calling
BP:

BP 1400 (5V devices): $1495
BP 1600 (to 1.8V): $4995
Individual PLCC modules: $200-$300
Universal PLCC module: $1000
Universal TSOP module: $450

Modules work with all BP univeral programmers.  These prices are
definitely lower than DATA I/O programmers, although all the DATA I/O
units program lower-voltage devices.  Also, software and device
updates are free for life, unlike Data I/O which is $1300/year.  If
you want to automatically embed serial numbers, you have to buy a
software add-on, at an additional charge, although the person I spoke
with didn't think this is still the case.

Dave <dfnr2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<m34r8yao2s.fsf@yahoo.com>...

> Would anyone who recently bought a BP-1200 care
> to post some prices for the 1200, any of the extra modules, any
> upgrades, and the software upgrade to generate serial numbers.
>
> Also, is it possible to write your own little program to generate
> serial numbers, and have the free BP software call it, or do you still
> have to pay for an "advanced features" package?

Article: 51177
  Thank you for the reply Tony. Is Technical notes here refers to
application notes? can you send me the link that has these numbers
please...

thanks,
Sumanth Donthi

"Tony M" <tonym_98@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<uURR9.8391$zV2.2218514491@newssvr10.news.prodigy.com>...
> I depends on which version of the chip you have and number of gates and the
> speed of your programming system and the programming method (serial?  select
> i/o parallel? jtag?).
>
> Read the tech notes on programming the chips.
>
> A quick example might be the Virtex 300k gate chip, with a config clock of
> 50 MHz, using SelectMAP programming mode.
>
> It can be programmed at up to 50mhz without having to worry about a 'wait
> i'm processing' signal from the virtex chip.  As noted in the tech docs, the
> bit stream size is IIRC 297860 bytes.
> Using SelectMAP 8-bit interface you can send over 1 byte per cclk
> (configuration clock) for a rate of 50 megabytes per second.   doing the
> math 297860 bytes / (50 MBps) = 5.9572 ms.  add a few uS before and after to
> erase and start programming as well as init the device after programming,
> again these #'s are in the tech doc.
>
> Tony
>

> "Sumanth Donthi" <thetallman63@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > hi!
> >
> >   How can you determine the reconfiguration time of the Xilinx
> > virtex/virtex E FPGA and atmel AT40K FPGA?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sumanth Donthi

Article: 51178
>   Thank you for the reply Tony. Is Technical notes here refers to
> application notes? can you send me the link that has these numbers
> please...
>
> thanks,
> Sumanth Donthi
>

> "Tony M" <tonym_98@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I depends on which version of the chip you have and number of gates and
the
> > speed of your programming system and the programming method (serial?
select
> > i/o parallel? jtag?).
> >
> > Read the tech notes on programming the chips.
> >
> > A quick example might be the Virtex 300k gate chip, with a config clock
of
> > 50 MHz, using SelectMAP programming mode.
> >
> > It can be programmed at up to 50mhz without having to worry about a
'wait
> > i'm processing' signal from the virtex chip.  As noted in the tech docs,
the
> > bit stream size is IIRC 297860 bytes.
> > Using SelectMAP 8-bit interface you can send over 1 byte per cclk
> > (configuration clock) for a rate of 50 megabytes per second.   doing the
> > math 297860 bytes / (50 MBps) = 5.9572 ms.  add a few uS before and
after to
> > erase and start programming as well as init the device after
programming,
> > again these #'s are in the tech doc.
> >
> > Tony
> >

> > "Sumanth Donthi" <thetallman63@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > hi!
> > >
> > >   How can you determine the reconfiguration time of the Xilinx
> > > virtex/virtex E FPGA and atmel AT40K FPGA?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Sumanth Donthi

Article: 51179