Subject: Re: Free IP-Core for FPGA Config from MMC-Cards
From: "Antti Lukats" <antti@openchip.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 02:46:24 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi and thanks for the pointers.

well the SD Card support is not that easy a combined MMC-SD card IP-Core would be at least 50 PLD Cells (MMC only is 21 Macrocells). I know all the spec and differencies, I just never got enough time to add SD support.

One option could of course be using SPI mode, but thats not so nice.

When MMC-SD Card is left in MMC mode then the FPGA can after config use its own MMC Core to communicate with the Card, if the config core initializes SPI mode then FPGA should also access the card in SPI mode.