Subject: Re: aynchronous ripple counter
From: paul@xanadu.physics.indiana.edu (Paul Smith)
Date: 7 Jul 1995 21:23:20 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
In article <3tgt37$9eh@dub-news-svc-2.compuserve.com>,
 <100611.1036@compuserve.com> wrote:
>Geoff Rubner <gbr@sn2.ee.umist.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>
>>can anyone suggest some elegant RTL-code for an 8-bit
>>ripple counter? Or know of a good VHDL repository where
>>I could get one?
>
>>I want to synthesise it onto Actel/Xilinx with Autologic (Mentor 8.2_5).
>
>>Thanks in advance,
>
>>Geoff Rubner.
>>gbr@sn2.ee.umist.ac.uk
>
>If you want to use Actel chips, you could probably do much worse than
>use ActGen to generate the module for you. The results will probably
>be much better than whatever you can get with a VHDL description. Of
>course, I might be wrong...
>
>Nacho de los Rios
>100611.1036@compuserve.com

ActGen only does synchronous counters.

paul@xanadu.physics.indiana.edu

Article: 1526
Subject: Please recommend good EDA program
From: kendal@interlog.com (Rolande Kendal)
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 95 07:08:54 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I would like a Windows based EDA package for under $1000.00.
I have no experience with them thus far.  My needs a board design,
FPGA, and simulation.

A Data-IO salesman was telling me their Senario package is 'the best'.

I would appreciate anyones recommendations of what I should concider.

Rolande					>Still look'n for God<

Article: 1527