Subject: Re: Xact 6.0.1: memgen
From: ecla@world.std.com (alain arnaud)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 03:22:32 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Frederic GOFFIN (fg) wrote:
: Hi,

: Does anyone knows if it's possible to generate a dual port ram
: with the memgen program of XACT 6.0.1 for Xilinx 4000E series?

: Thanks a lot

Here's a .mem file used by memgen to generate a 128x16 dpram

; ========================================================================
; DP128X16.mem:  A 128-word deep by 16-bit wide DP_RAM memory.
; ========================================================================
;
TYPE	DP_RAM	; The memory is a DP_RAM
DEPTH	128	; The memory is 128 words deep
WIDTH	16	; Each memory word is 16 bits wide
;
PART	4005EPG156
;
SYMBOL	VIEWLOGIC BUS ;  Build a VIEWLOGIC symbol with bus inputs
;
DEFAULT	0	; <-- Add a default value for unspecified locations
DATA	0	; <-- Add your DP_RAM data here
;  Your DP_RAM memory uses approximately 16942 two-input NAND-gates
;  as measured by:
;
;  GATES = (WIDTH * DEPTH * 4)  <-- 4 gates per each RAM cell.
;        + (DEPTH * 2)  <-- 2 times the depth of the RAM for bank decoding.
;        +  WIDTH  <-- 1 gate per each bit in a word for write logic.
;        +  ADDRESS_LINES  <-- 1 gate for each address line for inversions.
Article: 3851