Subject: Re: Software reset for the MicroBlaze
From: Zara <yozara@terra.es>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 08:38:04 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 09:28:47 -0600, "Karel" <karel@gemidis.be> wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>I was wondering how to write a software reset in C-code for
>the Xilinx Microblaze.
>
>Regards
>
>Karel

pseudo-code:
    disable interrupts
    jump to address 0
assembly:
    mts MSR,R0
   bra R0

REgrads,

Zara

Article: 96701
Subject: Re: BGA central ground matrix
From: fpga_toys@yahoo.com
Date: 8 Feb 2006 23:57:56 -0800

> I call that dc current. there isn't even any reversal of the current
> direction.
> Isn't that pretty basic?

Well sorta .... it's all about definitions. Reversal is one component
of
the definition of things that are not pure DC current.

       http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_current
       http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/dc.htm

Continuous is the other. The models for steady continuous DC are
different than modeling transient (plused DC) and AC circuits, are they
not? When does a high voltage RF AC waveform with a high DC offset,
become DC? The rapid changes in fields, and interactions of fields,
produces the effects of unbalancing the currents in the ball array do
they not? Very low current, low voltage, steady continuous DC should,
as suggested, not have much of an imbalance at all since the field
strengths will be low.

And, one of the problems about pulsed DC, is that it frequently turns
into AC due to ringing,
aka undershoot.

The fact here is, part of the discussion here is how much the current
distribution is influenced by traditional continuous DC effects, and
how much the distribution is influenced by the transient effects
(pulses), is it not?

Isn't that pretty basic?

Article: 96702