Subject: Re: Interfacing to a PC using EPP parallel port
From: "Blake" <nobody@nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 06:56:44 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I'm going to try again...

Check out our QuickUSB module at www.quickusb.com.  Its designed for
applications just like you're describing.  It gives you a high-speed
parallel port input into your PC without having to learn USB.

Regards,
Blake

Article: 52351
Subject: Re: USB2 or firewire or 100Mb ethernet link to FPGA design
From: "Blake" <nobody@nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 06:57:13 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
The web site is at www.quickusb.com.

Blake

"Nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Terry,
>
> Check out our QuickUSB module and kits.  It is designed to do exactly what
> you're looking for.
>
> Thanks,
> Blake
>
> "Theron Hicks (Terry)" <hicksthe@egr.msu.edu> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >     I am looking at design upgrade of an existing instrumentation
> > project.  Currently the design talks over a high speed bus to a rather
> > expensive (~$1600 US) parrallel digital input board.  The data rate
> > would be on the order of 50M bits per second not including any
> > overhead.  I do not think I want to go to an all FPGA based solution.
> > Currently the FPGA in the system is the smallest Spartan2e series
> > device.  By the way, quantities are very small, on the order of less
> > than 50 pieces per year.
> >
> >     So here are my questions...
> >
> > 1.    Does anyone happen to know what the USB2 or firewire is rated for
> > in terms of the longest cable length?  I had thought USB2 was limited to
> > about 2 meters but I have seen USB cables about 5 meters long recently.
> > A longer length interconnect would appear to be desireable.  I know that
> > ethernet is good for several hundred meters.  That would be far beyond
> > my needs.
> >
> > 2.    Has anyone had any experience with either USB2 or 100mB or
> > firewire as an interconnect to an FPGA based design?
> >
> > 3.    Do you happen to have any recommendations as to a possible
> > off-the-shelf solution (either a small board or a 1 or two chip
> > solution, ideally something with a demo board available)?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Theron Hicks

Article: 52352
Subject: Byteblaster II
From: "Thorsten Bunte" <t.bunte@beckhoff.de>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:15:11 +0100

is there a schematic available for Alteras Byteblaster II.
In contrast to Byteblaster and Byteblaster MV the datasheet of Byteblaster
II does not show any schematic of the circuit.

Thanks,
Thorsten

Article: 52353