Subject: Re: Xilinx ISE optimization
From: <khtsoi@pc90026.cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: 5 Feb 2003 09:35:20 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hal Murray <murray@suespammers.org> wrote:
>>I have a design that part of it will be optimized away by MAP tools
>>as loadless. But I need to keep that part. I know I can use the '-u'
>>option to disable the trimming function. But I *do* want the optimizer
>>to work on the rest of the design to get better performance. Is this
>>possible (without going to FPGA Editor as I am doing)?

> Take the "loadless" signals that you want to preserve and put a load
> on them, perhaps by connecting them to an output pin.  Or AND several
> of them together and send that signal to a pin.

They are actually loaded and adding extra input will change the function
of the circuit. I know one can add a BUF or two cascaded INVs on a line.
But how?

> --
> The suespammers.org mail server is located in California.  So are all my
> other mailboxes.  Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited
> commercial e-mail to my suespammers.org address or any of my other addresses.

Tsoi Kuen Hung (Brittle)
CSE CUHK

Article: 52251
Subject: Distributing component without source
From: "Niels Thomsen" <dynamite.no.spam@kanoop.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:39:33 -0000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I have a design (more accurately, a set of components) that I want to ship
to a customer as binary only, i.e. without shipping the VHDL source to the
customer.  I am using Xilinx foundation 2.1i (I know - it's ancient!).

First of all, is this possible with the tools I've got?  I haven't been able
to find a tutorial out there on what files I need to ship, where to put
them, and how to instantiate the component set in the project that needs to
use them.

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

- Niels

Article: 52252