Subject: low pass FIR filter in FPGA
From: garrya@ihug.com.au (Garry Allen)
Date: 4 Feb 2003 14:59:08 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I have just started a new design where I am looking to implement a FIR
filter in a SPartan IIe FPGA (actually 4, all with identical
characteristics)
To start with
filter characteristics
input data is 9 bit samples at 33.325714 MHz (or possibly 31.104 MHz)
1 dB ripple allowed in pass band (0 - 7MHz), minimum of 65 dB down in
the stop band. (8 MHz)
data is output at a rate of 1/2 the sampling frequency (decimation by
2) - 9 bit

I have a reasonable amount of freedom in the implementation of the
design(the chip currently designed on the board is the XC2S150E)
I am looking for suggestions on the implementation of the filter
structure (eg multipliers, use of the block ram) and comments on the
quality of dsp tools such as the tools from systolix and convern from
Momentum Data Systems
Has anyone used the filters in the Xilinx Core generator? What did you
think of them? I am also happy to look at cores from other vendors if
the pricing is reasonable.
Garry Allen

Article: 52226
Is Clock Enable (CE) of Flip-Flop, Synchronous or Asynchronous signal ???
Pl. justify the answers.

Thanks

Vs

Article: 52227