Subject: Re: Altera Nios Ethernet Development Kit: "spurious interrupt number: 0000 001C"
From: petersommerfeld@hotmail.com (Peter Sommerfeld)
Date: 30 Jun 2004 08:12:33 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi Colin,

Spurious interrupts occur when Nios is interrupted before a handler
has been installed. Open the generated excalibur.h (under *_sdk/inc)
and look the *_irq definition which is assigned 28. This will tell you
what source is causing that interrupt. Why it's being generated is the
question ... if it's an interrupt driven by I/O, it could be a
floating pin or any number of things. Check the Quartus compile
results to make sure all the pins are defined for starters.

To help debugging, or at least allow you to use the system until you
find the problem, you can disable spurious interrupt trapping by
double-clicking Nios in SOPC Builder, click the software tab, disable
the option, and rebuild.

HTH,

-- Pete

csim036@ec.auckland.ac.nz (Colin) wrote in message news:<eeab73c0.0406291629.38bb526b@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the Nios Ethernet Development Kit to run a simple
> example program, it build fine, but when I run it it comes up with a
> "spurious interrupt number: 0000 001C" error.  Does anyone know how to
> solve this problem.
>
> I'm using the Excalibur Apex development board, Nios 3.0, and the Nios
> Ethernet Development Kit 2.0.
>
> Thanx.

Article: 70851